Sunday, November 18, 2012

No! No! No!...Yes! Yes! Yes!

Allow me to share a moment of success with you...
And let me preface this moment by saying that my daughter HATES broccoli!
(Every time we serve it we have a stubborn showdown including hysterics, pleading, lower lips, and general mayhem)  Ok, now for the moment...
Broccoli was the only thing left on the plate...
out came the lip...
And because I am familiar with this scenario, what did I do?  Offer sympathy?  Ignore it?  Pull my hair out?!!!
NO!  I grabbed my camera and prepared to document the episode!!
And then came the tears...
And so it progressed as it always does, with her pleas and cries and general upset, and my gentle but firm reiterations that she must eat her broccoli before she can leave the table...
I swear she must practice this face in the mirror when I'm not looking!
Talk about weapon of mass destruction!
Anyway, no one out stubborns mom, and after many many minutes...
Success!!!
And it truly is a success because the first time it took almost 45 minutes to get her to eat the broccoli!
Tonight it took less than 10 and we avoided the full on hysterics!  Yehaw!
I asked her to show me her happy face...(My happy face probably looked similar, sort of pained joy!
Of course she was sure she should have a treat just like Big Brother had, and I was inclined to reward the improvement all the while imagining my own treat, a glass of after the kids are in bed red wine!
So, to some it may seem like much ado about nothing, but this was a major success and I thought it was worth sharing!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am always impressed by your parenting skills!!! Go Sessa!!!!

    ReplyDelete