Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Semi Home Made Guiness Potato Soup!

It rained all day today!
It's an almost unheard of occurrence when we have to bust out the raincoats and rain boots!
I mean it's actually kind of amazing that we have raincoats and boots at all, really!
I don't mind the rain, and we desperately need it, so it was a welcome inconvenience. 
And it put me in the mood for soup!
Now the key to this "semi home-made" soup is the Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup mix.
Call me lazy, but this mix cuts down my prep time dramatically, and I am all about convenient cooking whenever possible!
I'm not satisfied, however, to just make the mix as it is, I have to doctor it up a bit!
So let's do this!
 
Ingredients:
One Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup Mix
5-6 red potatoes
8-10 slices of Turkey Bacon
1tsp Dill
1tsp pepper
salt to taste
1/4 cup of Guinness
Begin by preparing the mix as directed, heating 8 cups of water to a boil and whisking in the mix
Cook your bacon, I do mine in the microwave until it's crispy!
Cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces and chop the cooked bacon into bits!
Toss the potatoes and bacon in the mix and add the dill, and pepper.
Now for the good stuff!
Add your 1/4 cup of Guinness, and bonus...you get to drink the rest!
let the soup simmer uncovered for 20 minutes and enjoy!
It's delicious, but don't take my word for it...
Noah said, "I like it this much!"
And once again, Gigi was too busy eating to comment
 



2 comments:

  1. I love this concept! (Maybe the Guiness will entice your father back to potato soup!)

    ReplyDelete