Friday, December 7, 2012

WHOOPIE!!! Pies that is!

I have been asked several times if I would share my recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies...
Well, I must admit that the recipe is not mine!  It came from Pinterest and a link to the better homes and gardens website found HERE!
And while I love this recipe, I can give you a few tips to make it even better!
The recipe tells you to use a heaping tblsp to make the pie portions, but that makes them too big I think.
So my solution is to use a cookie scoop or melon baller which makes them the perfect size and does't get my hands as messy!
I also use my own cream cheese frosting recipe for the filling (the one they include is too runny and too sweet I think, but by all means give it a try...then come back here and get my better recipe ;-)
 
 
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 package (14oz) cream cheese
1 package (1/2 cup) unsalted butter softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
 
blend the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth, mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla (add a little extra powdered sugar to get the right consistancy if necessary)
 
Then scoop the filling into a ziploc baggy, snip the corner and you can pipe the filling onto the pie with little to no mess!
Whoopie!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is there some reason I have never sampled these delicacies? (Perhaps will there be some available the next time I visit?) They look and sound great! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I do not have all of the ingredients on hand at the moment and it would be far too dangerous for me to make a whole batch and have it sit close at hand! I'm still recovering from cookie day!

      Delete