Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Pjs...Check!

There's something so exciting about a pile of wrapped packages sitting under the tree at Christmas time.  Even knowing exactly what is in each box, and as I did the wrapping, I certainly do, doesn't dampen the anticipation and fun of looking at all those pretty gifts. 
 It's probably a little silly, not to mention risky (hello Gigi?) to have them out already, and they certainly overwhelm our little tree, but I just can't help myself!
Today I had my final Christmas project to finish, Christmas jammies for the kids...
Thank you very much Hobby Lobby remnants!
I was rather smug at finding CSU fleece material 40% off as a remnant, and how in the world was I supposed to resist that sassy pink and black zebra print fleece? 
I love working with fleece because you don't have to worry about the edges unraveling and it cuts back on a lot of the work! 
(Click HERE for my simple pj pants tutorial, and remember if you're working with fleece, you can skip the edge finishing steps!)
I have to say that I couldn't be happier with my labels, they make my work look and feel so much more professional!
It's a little like signing your name with a flourish once you have completed a work of art!
I probably don't have too many more years before the kids won't fully appreciate a sweet set of homemade pjs...
But, I could be wrong, as these pajamas are all kinds of awesome!
And now I have two more packages to add to that huge pile of potential under that itty-bitty tree!
 


1 comment:

  1. It looks like Elmo really likes your tree, too! Just like I do! What fun!

    ReplyDelete