Friday, August 8, 2014

When She Says...

There are moments almost everyday where you are caught off guard and blown away by something so simple and yet so profound that you find yourself trying to take a mental snapshot before the tidal wave of schedules and routine can wash it away...
I had a moment like that the other day, and luckily I was successful in taking that mental snapshot which allows me to remember and share my moment with you...
You've probably guessed by now that this particular moment has to do with Gigi.
It was a simple thing, a regular morning, the kids eating breakfast, Josh getting ready for work, and myself in the kitchen cleaning and preparing for the day ahead...
Gigi entered the kitchen, and I was about to order her, in a very exasperated tone, back to the table to finish her breakfast, when she said...
"Mom?  I really like you!"
I felt like I was accepting an award!
"you like me!  you really like me!"
It's a simple thing, and on the surface you think. of course she likes you, but the truth is, you can love someone and not like their decisions, not like their attitude, not like the way they make you sit in your chair every morning to eat your breakfast...
Anyway, it's a small thing, just one of those moments, and needless to say she stopped my exasperated order to return to the breakfast table, and earned herself a big hug instead...
And that was just soooo much better!
Definitely worth sharing!


1 comment:

  1. This post totally made me smile. That Gigi is too cute!! So are you :)

    ReplyDelete