Monday, August 11, 2014

C is for Cookie...That's good Enough for Me!

This blog post isn't actually about the cookies, even though the cookies are perfectly shaped, super soft, and absolutely delicious...
Dissapointed?
This post is more about how to decorate your cookies with little to no mess, and almost bakery style perfection!
But I would be remiss if I told you how to decorate your perfect sugar cookies and I didn't tell you how to make them in the first place!
I must first diclose that this is not my sugar cookie recipe...I found it...that's right, on Pinterest!
But the recipe is tried and true and will absolutely deliver the best tasting, softest, and most perfectly shaped cookies of all time!
Click HERE for the recipe, and note that the only thing I did differently was to use regular flour instead of cake flour!
We used to use bowls and butter knives or spoons to decorate our cookies...
We would dye the frosting and and end up wearing most of it while our cookies looked like sad, unidentifiable shapes drowning in too much icing...
No more!  My tip isn't exactly new, placing icing in individual ziploc bags...
and snipping the corner of the bag creating a simple and effective pastry style decorating tool...
But here's a sneaky twist (pun intended!) I used a twist tye to close the bag up just above the frosting level so that the frosting didn't ooze all over inside the bag!
The kids were able to squeeze...
and squeeze...
and squeeze, and the frosting went only where they wanted it to go!
I couldn't believe how beautful the cookies looked!
almost too good to eat!!

Ok, let's be serious, cookies are never too pretty to eat!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment