Friday, August 1, 2014

Pantheon Pasta...

I want to make you dinner, but it's a dinner so deliciously simple, that I have to first describe to you my inspiration for the dish...
Let me paint you a picture...
It's dusk in Italy, Rome to be exact...
 
It's our last night, and this is the veiw from our dinner table...
The air is warm, alive with the scents of peppery sweet basil, tangy garlic, and ripe tomatoes...
probably because the children are wearing thier spaghetti as much as eating it...
and over the light rumble of voices and conversation, an authetic Italian guitarist serenades us all...
Ok, now you have the atmosphere, let me show you the dish...
This is my inspriation for what I call Pantheon Pasta, my recipe is built upon the simplicity of this dish, and every time I make it, I am transported back to that last evening in Italy.
Ingredients:
1 box of spaghetti
3 Tblsp Olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 Tbsp White wine
1/2 Tblsp butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup parmesean (freshly grated)
red pepper flakes (I'll get to the amount in a minute ;-)
Fresh Basil chopped
To prepare this dish, simply cook the pasta as directed on the box, and while that's boiling...
-heat the olive oil over medium heat...
Toss in the minced garlic, and this is where you decide how spicey you want to make it...
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes = a Mild heat
1/2 tsp = now we're cookin
1 tsp = hot mama!
Once you've mixed the red pepper flakes, garlic and olive oil, add the salt, and the white wine
-you want to let the mixture simmer for a few minutes stiring occasionaly
-the final step for the sauce is to add 1/2 Tblsp of butter
Drain your pasta and toss it into you sauce making sure everything is evenly coated, then simply add your parmesean and basil!
And prepare to be transported!
As always, don't be stingy with the cheese...
And it's highly recomended that you finish with a trip for Gelatto!
 But, if you're feeling a little guilty after all that pasta and gellato...
 Noah recomends doing a little yoga!
That is all!


No comments:

Post a Comment